Marantz SR-14 idling current problem

Gestart door imac, december 16, 2009, 20:18:40

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

imac

Have problem with setting the idling current on my SR14, then I set it to 4mV (30 m warm up) and wait for say 10 m the it will be from 2-6mV.. If I blow gently on the circuit board then it will drop from 4 to 1mv in seconds!

The same if I put the lid on at wait 10 m then it will rise from 4 to 12mV. Should it be so sensitive or is it some problem with the amplifier? It's the same on all five channels..

Have tried out some other forum without any luck, hope that someone here can help me, even though that I'm write in English and not Dutch, I'm from Sweden :-)

Marvin

welcome, i certainly can't help you...
but if you won't get any further at this forum, you can try the www.hififorum.nl .
there are a bunch of sparky's over there....

this would be a fitting topic   link

good luck with you're stunning machine.....!!

Marvin.

HAL9000

No HiFIforum will not have the answer,

I would look for diodes, these are the only ones that are susceptible for T variation.
Also transistors that are dissipating a lot of energy.

But do you notice this in your sound?? or in the working of the amplifier?
Like abnormal swinging of the bass units in you speakers.??

Herstel  de  oude  glorie  van marantz!!

imac

I have change the power transistors and some more resistors on the center channel and after that I did the check of the idling current..

HAL9000

Power transistors as in output once?? on the big heat sink??
these will not be broken, it should be your bias circuit.

I'm still guessing a Diode.

imac

That's right, outputs transistors, they was smoked then I got it. It was after that I have change them that I discover this.

sattie

HAL9000

Citaat van: imac op december 17, 2009, 13:19:15
That's right, outputs transistors, they was smoked then I got it. It was after that I have change them that I discover this.

You need to replace one transistor on your board.  it is for bias  :wink:

re-soldering a board will have No effect on this problem.