PM 55 (approx 1990)

Gestart door mingualez, april 05, 2011, 15:38:35

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

mingualez

Firstly I must appologise for writing in English!! :lol:

I have a PM55 amp. Which I have just got out of storage to try to fix. It sometimes works then makes clicking noise through speakers. Then fuses.And sometimes will not work again for a few days!! I have read this is someting to do with the relays that chorode.

I am a novice with electronics so please be easy with me  :lol: How do I identify the relays to clean up. Or do you guys perhaps have another solution.

Big thanks in advance!!! Lee

jrm

Welcome mingualez,

Do you live in the Netherlands?
If you do so, then you can contact our friend and master fixer HAL9000!

He knows a lot about Marantz and he fixed mine 2226B very well!

mingualez

Sadly no!! I'm trying to fix myself as the service cost out ways the value!! Thanks for your time.

I'm in the UK.

mars

stupid

Open up youre amp put it on power , and then switch the selector ( DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN OPEN) , usualy you can see the relays working ( were the clicking noise is coming from)

Sorry for my poor english , its better for me to speak youre lanquage

grtz  Mars
Marantz PM17 pm82 pm8000,creek evo,classe cap101-cap151,naim nait 5i +verschillende nac en nap's
Sugden Mystro , octave , kanzy , blumenhofer ,
belachelijk veel bekabeling.
nu;
Valve Audio Predator
mc-sytems
Rega CDP
denon
Oyaida , furutech , pink faun

mars

edit ; i mean , don't touch anything inside when the amp is open
Marantz PM17 pm82 pm8000,creek evo,classe cap101-cap151,naim nait 5i +verschillende nac en nap's
nu;
Valve Audio Predator
mc-sytems
Rega CDP
denon

mingualez

Hey mars thanks. You write better english than me  :wink:. I will try this. If you don't hear from me again it may mean I have electricuted myself LOL. :-D

mars

stupid

I really don't hope to see the famous mushroom cloud above the   UK :schater: when you open up youre amp !!!
nu;
Valve Audio Predator
mc-sytems
Rega CDP
denon

HAL9000

Citaat van: mingualez op april 05, 2011, 15:38:35
Firstly I must appologise for writing in English!! :lol:

I have a PM55 amp. Which I have just got out of storage to try to fix. It sometimes works then makes clicking noise through speakers. Then fuses.And sometimes will not work again for a few days!! I have read this is someting to do with the relays that chorode.

I am a novice with electronics so please be easy with me  :lol: How do I identify the relays to clean up. Or do you guys perhaps have another solution.

Big thanks in advance!!! Lee

Hi there,

You need to replace the hybrid  integrated circuit.  STK-xxxx
Look for  bad  solder spots  and  burned  components.
Also  replace all the ELNA capacitors. 

These amplifiers really sounds  nice!  i have a Pm64 (15 years now).

Jon
Herstel  de  oude  glorie  van marantz!!

mingualez

Ok it's been a long time  :yes: Been using different amp. But really want to get this one fixed. Having trouble identifying relay to clean corrosion off. Tried to upload a pic, can browse and find file but cannot upload to post. I am struggling to translate forum. Not sure you can see??
Thanks for help in advance :-)