Marantz CD-85 problem...

Gestart door recue diver, maart 23, 2011, 11:49:53

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

recue diver

Hi folks,
my Marantz CD-85 is not louder than a bumblebee!!! Any ideas what might be defective???
I bought it off the bay and it has arrived here some minutes ago...
Pleas answer in english or german language.
I don´t understand your language, sorry.
Thanks in advance for your help. notworthy
Jörn from Germany

JeroenLeeuwarden

You did connect it to the cd player input on your amp right? A friend of mine once connected his cd player to the phono input off his amp and he was faced with similar problems...
Marantz pm 7000, cd 6000 ose, st 6000, dv4200 ose, PMC db1+s, Norstone stands, van den Hull the track speakerkabel.

recue diver

Of course it is connected to the CD-in on my Marantz PM-94 flagship. :yes:
My Marantz CD-17 II that I had before worked well on that input...

Mexicaanse Hond

Does it have a variable output? If that's the case, than it may be that you have connected it via the variable output. Then you simply have to put up the volume or connect it via the fixed output.
Goed stel oren, goed stel luidsprekers

JeroenLeeuwarden

Oke, that probably wasn't the post you were waiting for then  :wink:

A longshot:

There's something on the back on the right top of your player. I once owned a player with an adjustable output volume knob wich looked similar to what i saw on the picture above. But as i said; it's a longshot.

This is my last attempt, after this i will let it to my much more experienced and audiophile educated fellow forum members to give you some advice :lol:
Marantz pm 7000, cd 6000 ose, st 6000, dv4200 ose, PMC db1+s, Norstone stands, van den Hull the track speakerkabel.

recue diver

Citaat van: f.luisteraar op maart 23, 2011, 12:24:55
Does it have a variable output? If that's the case, than it may be that you have connected it via the variable output. Then you simply have to put up the volume or connect it via the fixed output.

Nope, NO variable output there otherwise I would have checked that already. :yes:

recue diver

Citaat van: JeroenLeeuwarden op maart 23, 2011, 12:28:19

A longshot:

There's something on the back on the right top of your player. I once owned a player with an adjustable output volume knob wich looked similar to what i saw on the picture above. But as i said; it's a longshot.

This is my last attempt, after this i will let it to my much more experienced and audiophile educated fellow forum members to give you some advice :lol:

Sorry but I don´t understand what you mean, sorry HLP

lo

Can you place a picture of youre remote controll here?
Accuphase E-450 amp en DP700 cdp. Marantz ST17, in opslag. Dynaudio contour S3.4, audience 72. Bluesound Vault2. Akoestisch geoptimaliseerd plafond dmv Ri-acoustic.

lo

I have found the following text on: http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/?strPage=Info&strBrand=Marantz&strType=cd85

Review Hi-Fi Choice May 1989

With the Marantz CD94 starting to get a bit long in the tooth and with an unfilled market slot in the £500 price region, other manufacturers were in a position to take advantage, so Marantz now launched the Marantz CD85 which competes head on with some highly regarded established players in this price group.

In complete contrast to the light plastic boxed siblings that Marantz is so good at -and in true Japanese fashion, for an upmarket player needs to be weighty- the company has invested in some heavy engineering here. The heavy diecast zinc alloy chassis forms the very rigid structure upon which the player is founded. The top panel is another two-piece alloy extrusion, and some of the steel panels are copper plated, along with the screws that hold it all together. The front panel is yet another high quality alloy extrusion, but the buttons and end caps are plastic. To complete the effect, the side panels are solid wood with a high gloss finish, and the whole thing sits on four large round metal-finished feet.

There are all facilities you would expect from a machine of this type -apart that is from a variable line output. FTS is available for a total of aroun 150 discs, plus all the normal track, index and search facilities (two speeds), full programming for up to 24 tracks or extracts, full edit facilities, AMS (which plays the first 10 seconds of each track) and full repeat facilities. Everything is duplicated on the remote handset, which also has a track select keypad.
Internally the player is very interesting. It has an entirely different board layout from Marantz's cheaper offerings, and represents a completely new computer optimised design, using multi-board construction techniques with ribbon cable linkages. The power supply uses a large transformer, ample audio quality supply capacitors and multi chip regulators attached to a proper heatsink. The main board is covered with audiophile Cerafine electrolytics for decoupling and a variety of film caps elsewhere, including coper foil polystyrene types.
The wiring around the transport control looks a little messy, but apart from that the design is well sorted. A selected 'B' grade digital filter drives the similarly selected TDA1541A S1 digital-to-anaolgue converter, with good quality film decoupling. The audio section is arranged in a straight line down one side of the board, with all components mirrored positionally for left and right channels. Single op-amps are used in place of the normal dual types for the audio current to voltage conversion, filtering and the final stage, which is direct coupled to the output. Output muting is by relay but de-emphasis is FET-switched. The transport is one of Philips' better types, with an alloy laser deck mounted on a foam-damped spring suspension. Even the draw is metal rather than plastic and is smoother in operation, but the disc clamp looks standard and it's no quicker than normal.

Accuphase E-450 amp en DP700 cdp. Marantz ST17, in opslag. Dynaudio contour S3.4, audience 72. Bluesound Vault2. Akoestisch geoptimaliseerd plafond dmv Ri-acoustic.

recue diver

Citaat van: lo op maart 23, 2011, 13:11:10
Can you place a picture of youre remote controll here?
Sorry but it came WITHOUT a RC. frusty

lo

Thats a pity. I think there are volume controle buttons on the remote controll, same as on the remote control of the CD17 that you have owned. Maybe you can ask llOll, the owner of http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/homepage/, wether the CD85 has volume controll butons on its RC?

groet,

lo

lo

Otherwise you can contact the following Service Centre: http://www.audioservice.nl/.
You can call them or write them an e-mail.

recue diver

Citaat van: lo op maart 23, 2011, 13:34:37
Thats a pity. I think there are volume controle buttons on the remote controll, same as on the remote control of the CD17 that you have owned. Maybe you can ask llOll, the owner of http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/homepage/, wether the CD85 has volume controll butons on its RC?

groet,

lo

There are NO such buttons, I found a pic of the RC on the web...looky here:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/rescuediverhh/imagemagic.jpg

JohnWx

Citaat van: JeroenLeeuwarden op maart 23, 2011, 12:28:19

A longshot:

that's for the voltage
Om een filter te doen werken moeten er natuurlijk wel storingen aanwezig zijn, Tja dat is wel een dingetje.

recue diver