sleeping sub

Gestart door dkerlee, september 19, 2010, 02:44:54

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

dkerlee

Hello folks, sorry about the English here - but you seem to be the only forum for Marantz users! I have a Marantz NR1501.

I've got it setup with stereo speakers, and a sub. The sub has a plate amp that turns ON when it senses current, and turns off when there's no current. Some sort of power saving thing.

The only input I've been using is the optical digital audio in, from my computer to the amp.

My problem is the stupid plate amp and sub-woofer goes to sleep during silent parts of songs! I'd like to be able to simply increase the amount of time that must pass with total silence before the plate amp sleeps, but it's hardwired in there; short of opening the plate amp up and getting out a soldering iron, is there anyway to keep this amp awake with a setting inside the Marantz NR1501? I didn't see anything in the manual.

Thanks a million, and I apologize again for the English.

Drew
Berkeley, CA, USA

dkerlee

the amp

Stadium III

Hi

You can do 2 things !

1: lave the power always on en put the sleep mode out
2: increase de subwoofer output on the reciever en de volume level on the subwoofer it self put it down

Option 1 is the most time the best

What subwoofer do you use ?
Marantz SR 8012 Klipsch atmos setup

Cadfael

Hi, welcome to the forum.

My sub has an on-auto-off switch. if i leave it on auto it also goes on standby on parts without sub. and when there is a sub sound it takes a few secs to kick in. very annoying.
so i usually leave that switch on the on position. (apart from that I also have a general on-off switch on the sub)

Do you have such a switch on your subwoofer?
SR6004, Davis Accoustics speakers, Phonar AS200/EdMa subwoofer, philips 46plf9704 Led tv, bdp8000 bluray, PS3, Wii.