CD6000OSE has problems with some CDs (english)

Gestart door coyote_de, februari 16, 2009, 20:04:43

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

coyote_de

Hello there,

I'm posting in english because that was the only Marantz-Forum I've found on the web and I can't write dutch... hope that is not a problem.

I have a Marantz CD6000 OSE and I can't play every CD in it :-(
I don't know if its a defect or if all players of that series don't play these CDs at all...
My Problem with some specific discs is that the player accepts these discs and play them if I don't use the "skip"-function... as soon as I try to jump to any track the player displays "error" and stops working until I eject and re-load the disc.
Many other discs work without a problem.

For example I have problems to play
- "Hotel" from "Moby"
- "Cantus Buranus" from "Corvus Corax"
- "soley" from "Doba Caracol"

I had also problems with a few more albums... I try to find the discs again and I will post the titles here if someone with a CD6000 OSE could help me by testing them in their own player...

Sorry - my english isn't perfect but I hope it was understandable ;-)

Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
Dieter

Maurice

Citaat van: coyote_de op februari 16, 2009, 20:04:43
Hello there,

I'm posting in english because that was the only Marantz-Forum I've found on the web and I can't write dutch... hope that is not a problem.

I have a Marantz CD6000 OSE and I can't play every CD in it :-(
I don't know if its a defect or if all players of that series don't play these CDs at all...
My Problem with some specific discs is that the player accepts these discs and play them if I don't use the "skip"-function... as soon as I try to jump to any track the player displays "error" and stops working until I eject and re-load the disc.
Many other discs work without a problem.

For example I have problems to play
- "Hotel" from "Moby"
- "Cantus Buranus" from "Corvus Corax"
- "soley" from "Doba Caracol"

I had also problems with a few more albums... I try to find the discs again and I will post the titles here if someone with a CD6000 OSE could help me by testing them in their own player...

Sorry - my english isn't perfect but I hope it was understandable ;-)

Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
Dieter
Hello Dieter,
Glad that you're posting in English, because my German is not that well ;)
Your English is above par, so it should be perfectly understandable.

I reckognize the same problem with my CD6000OSE with the cd Dreamtheater - Systematic Chaos. I think it has something to do with detoriation of the cd-drive itself (VAM 12?). Re-adjusting the laser might also work?
Rev. Maurice
Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude